Best of the Web: Education Blogs
Periodically we compile a list of the best of what the Internet has to offer to teachers—be that in the classroom or just in daily life. The current edition highlights education blogs. It explores the ways educators and education analysts are using blogs to chart their personal sentiments and theories on educational policy and how teachers are using blogs as a classroom tool.
If you would like to suggest a topic, please email us at email@example.com.
- TeachersCount's TeacherBlog
- Six teacher-bloggers are share their thoughts about education and the teaching life.
- A Difference
- Math teacher Darren Kuropatwa blogs about his experiences effectively integrating technology into teaching.
- Anonymous Teacher Blog
- An unnamed secondyear teacher shines light on the challenges and rewards of being an educator. In her own words: “A second-year teacher’s escapades in the realm of the public high school. Sometimes witty. Sometimes sad. Sometimes angry. Always exhausted. It’s a bumpy ride, but I wait for the moments that make it worth it.”
- Blogs are Changing Education
- This article discusses how blogging is changing the way educators teach.
- The Edublog Awards
- Like comparison shopping? Check out the international Edublog Awards, chronicling categories such as the best group blog, best classroom blog, and best teacher blog.
- The Educated Blogger: Using Weblogs to Promote Literacy in the Classroom
- David Huffaker’s scholarly essay examines the history of blogs and the art of storytelling.
- The Education Sector, an independent think tank, created this blog featuring education news with commentary.
- Learning Now: At the Crossroads of Learning Education and the Internet
- The Learning Now blog demonstrates how technology is shaping the lives of teachers and students in and out of the classroom.
- Teacher Leader Network – Teacher Leadership Diaries
- Selected members of the Teacher Leaders Network post year-long diaries about education and a “day in the life” of their classroom.
- Teacher Magazine Blogboard
- Teacher Magazine’s article highlights new and noteworthy educator blogs.